6 Packing Tips for Savvy Traveller


2017 is now over and for others like me, 2018 is a year for more travels. Travelling has always been a big part of my life until I got married and got pregnant and have my baby. But I was not disappointed, in fact I am very excited because I know that I will be able to travel soon together with my family. Even though I can’t travel much now, there are some packing tips that I would like to share with you savvy travelers.

As much as I love travelling, packing isn’t always fun. Some of us end up over-packing like crazy! Bringing 5 pairs of shoes? 10 tops? 5 dresses?

When it comes to packing, all you need to do is to relax, avoid over-packing. Plus, you can still be on style when travelling even though you only bring few things, just be creative!



Want to be a savvy traveller? Check out my 6 expert packing tips below!

PLAN AHEAD

No idea about your itinerary? Problem solved! Having a good idea of the activities you’re going to is a big plus. If you’re planning to hit the beach or go on a hike, make sure to pack your sneakers shoes and a back pack.  If you’re going to hit the beach, where it’s pretty much always hot, don’t pack your sweaters, or your jeans, instead grab your favorite beach wear, your beach hat and of course your sunblock!

Planning ahead also saves you from over packing. When you don’t have a plan you end up bringing too much. It would make it easier to know the place and where to get to if you plan ahead.

BRING A CARRY ON WHEN YOU CAN

For me, packing only a carry-on is extremely important. The advantage of this is that you don’t need to worry that your bag might lose and checking your bag. This would also save you time. If you’re going for a few weeks this may not be possible, but if you’re traveling for a week or less, try to fit your things into a carry-on!


BRING ONLY COMFY SHOES

This goes especially to fashion travelers out there that comfort comes first. J Make sure your shoes are comfortable to wear especially if you want to really walk while exploring the place. For me, I prefer to bring a white sneakers, I think this goes well with any outfits.  Traveling usually comes with lots and lots of walking around, so keep that in mind.

PACK AN EXTRA SET OF CLOTHES/SHOES IN YOUR CARRY ON

Don’t forget to pack an extra set of clothes in your carry-on if you have a luggage. Whenever you feel uncomfortable wearing your shoes or clothes, you can immediately grab one on your carry on. Losing your luggage sucks, no matter what, but it’s much better when you at least have a change of clothes suitable for your destination!

ROLL UP YOUR CLOTHES

By rolling your clothes, you’re able to fit so much more into your suitcase or travel bag. A space saver, and you would be able to add more in your bag. This is especially great when you’re just packing a carry-on with limited space!

DON’T FORGET SUNSCREEN

No matter where you’re traveling to don’t forget sunscreen! Wear a sunscreen even if it’s cloudy outside. Everywhere you go apply on a sunscreen to protect your skin from harmful UV rays. The sun doesn’t go away just because it’s cold outside and we tend to forget that. If you’re traveling to a new place, chances are you aren’t going to be inside your hotel room all day. So make sure your skin is protected!



0 comments