Mary Kay Foundation Primer Review



Hi guys! It's review time! :) I am going to share with you my experience with Mary Kay foundation primer. Yes, this product is way more expensive compared to other drugstore primer brands but it took me like forever to decide whether to purchase this or not. But hey, I bought it, because I've been dying to try this out. Please continue reading my review below! :)






Product Claims: 



This lightweight gel glides on easily to fill in imperfections and dries quickly to a matte finish to create the perfect canvas for a flawless foundation application that enhances foundation benefits and extends wear.
  • Oil-free formula with SPF 15* is mineral-enriched to absorb oil and diffuse light to help reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and pores.
  • For all skin types, including sensitive skin.
  • Fragrance-free, dermatologist-tested and non-comedogenic.
  • Can be used with any Mary Kay® foundation.

Packaging: 


For me, the packaging is on point. It is in a light peach squeeze tube that is easy to use, has a faint flowery scent that's fine with me. 




My Experience: 


I bought this Mary Kay foundation primer for P1390 something ( I'm really not sure with the price :) ). It doesn't leave my face feeling greasy after applying foundation on top of that. The consistency is like a gel one just like the Fix primer I guess. Once applied on the skin, it feels really smooth and I love that it doesn't oil up fast much since I have an oily skin. Also, my foundation applies just fine over it and looks pretty nice so I'm satisfied with the overall application.  


The foundation primer has SPF15 which protects your skin from harmful rays of the sun, that's a big plus for me. Upon application, it doesn't leave any residue on my fingers.  It keeps the foundation lasts all day without smearing, in short everything sticks well. 


It is suitable for sensitive skin, fragrance-free, and non-comedogenic (does not clog pores) and dermatologist tested. Perfect for those who don't want to make pores, wrinkles and fine lines noticeable. The only downside of this product is it's longetivity. It doesn't lasts the whole day considering it's price. My face tends to oil up after four hours of application. 



Pros:
  • Nicely packaged making it easy to control amount of product needed.
  • Box printed with expiration date.
  • My skin looked smooth and airbrushed
  • Dries up matte and lightweight.
  • Has SPF15 that protects the skin from UV rays
  • Doesn't leave any residue on the fingers when applied

Cons: 
  • After fours hours of application, my skin started to oil up
  • Need blotting paper to get rid of face excess oil
  • Very pricey 


1 comments

  1. According to the packaging, it is non-comdegenic, which is great for sensitive skin as it won't cause you to break out.

    Angie | Chocolate & Lipstick | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete