Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Clay Mask First Impression


Clay masks are a great way to control oil production, which is great for people with oily acne prone skin such as myself. It helps get rid of dirt and has a wide variety of benefits.

The Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Clay Mask is a clay mask often recommended for those trying to reduce the size of their pores/ blackheads.




Product Claims: 

Oily or combination skin, rejoice! Clay has long been known for its cleansing properties and as an effective sebum controller. The Jeju Volcanic Pore Clay Mask functions in 3 ways: removes sebum, brightens your skin tone, and cares for troubled spots. Rich in Jeju volcanic scoria, the masks goes deep into pores and get rid of impurities while absorbing excess sebum to revive your skin’s natural moisture balance. The result is skin that is visibly improved, and one that feels softer and smoother, for easier makeup application.

Size: 100ml
Type: Combination skin

How To Use: After your cleansing and toning regime, apply an adequate amount of mask all over your face, avoiding eye and lip areas. Leave on for 15 minutes, and rinse off with lukewarm water. For best results, use once or twice a week.




Packaging: It comes in a tin like container with a aluminium lid. It's very sturdy and does not break easily even when dropped. It can be scooped up very easily. I heard the product will eventually dry out if you don't finish it in 3 months time. 

My Experience: 

I bought it from Althea Korea for P550.00 pesos. The product itself comes in a 100ml tub, which looks very rustic and very cute.  The clay mask is very calming to the skin. I have a oily skin yet this clay mask does not irritate my skin. When applied to your face, the mask is the ashy-blue color that one can expect from a clay mask and as it hardens, it turns more grey. There is no spatula included. After using this clay mask, my face becomes supple, fresher and lighter. 




I bought the Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Clay Mask to lessen my skin's oiliness, keep acne at bay, remove whiteheads and blackheads, and lighten acne scars due to hyperpigmentation. I used this product twice a week. I had high hopes given the blog reviews, and have been using this product for 2 months already.  

After cleansing and applying a toner, I am applying the clay mask,  I see that it prevents the development of acne on my cheeks and forehead.  It also removes my whiteheads on the nose and chin area, taking 1 to 2 days before new ones reappear. Morever, it does take off my blackheads along the nose area.  It has such a smooth texture and it feels so nice when applied to the skin. It dries pretty quickly and is easy to wash off, leaving skin clean and fresh. I use it at night. It has that instant brightening effect after you use it. It goes on very smoothly, it's easily spreadable. I noticed that my skin was SEBUM FREE and very SMOOTH. It doesn't feel very moist nor dry, but just right. I used it twice a week and noticed that the size of my pores looked smaller.
The one thing that consistently surprises me with this Jeju pore clay mask is the genuine cooling effect you get upon washing it off. It claims to have a cooling effect of -5 degrees (celsius) which doesn't surprise me because it is so refreshing when you rinse it off.


The immediate results I see from this masks are that cooling effect I mentioned earlier (very breathable) and that my skin is noticeably cleaner and soft to touch.  I usually use this face mask after cleansing and applying toner on my face. 

Pros: 

- Does get rid of sebum 
- Doesn't get rid of black heads or white heads 

- Easy to apply, glides on easily.
Didn't seem to have any allergy or reaction on the first usage
- Really soft and clean skin
- Does a fab job of cleaning and 'reducing' the size of pores
- Has a cooling effect
- Recommended for combination/oily skin

Cons: 

- Unhygienic and you will need a spatula.
- Product can dry up easily if you don't finish it fast.
- Slight positive results with clearing on my blackheads

Will I Buy It Again? Definitely YES! But I will also try the Innisfree Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask :)



0 comments